My previous development using Kodak HC110 had actually been incorrect because I had used the wrong dilution (1:7) while using the development time for the correct Dilution B (1:31) had yield incredibly thick negs resulting in VERY high contrast photos. This was pointed out to me in APUG when I asked what was I doing wrong. After much investigation, it was determine I had mistaken Stock solution (1:7)and working solution (1:31).
So lesson learned after many mistakes and ruin negs.
With that done, I am now developing using the correct water to developer ratio and my negs are now turning out the way I had hoped.